Terms & Conditions:
1. The participant must be physically ﬁt and able to participate in all sporting programmes/activities provided by Stryx Sports including but not limited to Stryx Tennis Academy, Stryx Gymnastics Academy and Stryx Squash Academy (here in after referred as “Stryx Academies”), NBA Basketball School, Barça Academy Dubai, Stryx Holiday Camps, After School Activity programme and other classes/activities offered by Stryx Sports and accordingly accept all risks resulting from participating in any such activities.
2. In the event that the participant needs medical attention during the classes/activities, the parent(s) agree to Stryx Sports carrying out any appropriate and necessary First Aid treatment. All Stryx Sports coaching staff are ﬁrst aid certiﬁed.
3. Stryx Sports shall be held harmless from and against any claim, demand, suit, action or proceeding as a result of bodily injury, illness or death to any person, or damage to any tangible property, except for injuries, damages caused by the willful or negligent acts or omissions of Stryx Sports coaches or representatives as provided by Law.
4. The cost of any damage caused by any participant or by the parent(s)/guardian(s) during one of the classes/activities will be borne by the participant or by the parent/guardian of such participant who shall pay for such damage in full.
5. All classes will be conducted in English.
6. Stryx Sports treat the safety and well being of all participants attending its courses as a priority. Stryx Sports, therefore, reserves the right to remove any participant or parent/guardian from its trainings/activities who is repeatedly found bullying, misbehaving or generally being disruptive without the right for any refund for the remainder of the sessions.
7. Places across all Stryx Sports programmes/activities are limited. They will be allocated on a ﬁrst come, ﬁrst served basis.
8. All classes, activities, venues and arrangements are subject to change according to weather, programming and a satisfactory level of numbers. Stryx Sports reserves the right to cancel any courses and/or to change any information given, should this be necessary for any reason. In extreme weather conditions Stryx Sports reserves the right to cancel classes at short notice to ensure the safety of the participants and coaches. No refunds or make up sessions will be arranged for any cancellations related to the weather. For After School Activities, it depends on the school policy.
9. The participants or the parent(s)/guardian(s) (in case of minor participant) grant Stryx Sports the worldwide right without approval or compensation, to use the participant’s name, photographic or video image or likeness for its reasonable commercial purposes such as newspaper or magazine ads and online social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram etc).
10. Barça Academy Dubai is under FC Barcelona Scouting System, which means that if any of the academy players are selected to play or test in any club through the FC Barcelona Scouting System, Stryx Sports will represent this player.
11. Stryx Sports has the right of not accepting any applicants without giving reasons.
12. Stryx Sports will not permit any participant to attend its classes/activities without the ofﬁcial outﬁt or appropriate sports attire.
13. All participants will be required to submit their passport copy and passport-size photo on or prior to their ﬁrst day of class /activity (Excluding the After School Activity programme.)
14. Neither the parent(s)/guardian(s) nor the participant shall disclose or use any aspect of Stryx Sports course/programme for commercial purposes.
15. If the participant is a minor and you are not the participant’s parent or guardian, you conﬁrm that you have made such parent or guardian fully aware of this booking, terms and conditions and that they have agreed to them.
16. No parents or guardians are allowed at the classes/activities and must refrain from talking to coaches during the training session. Any questions or concerns can be addressed to the head of the activity after the class/activity.
17. Stryx Sports does not bear responsibility for any participant outside or around the facility, arriving before classes or staying afterwards are under full responsibility of their parent(s)/guardian(s) (applies to minor participants only). Stryx Sports is only responsible of participants during the time of their activity/class.
18. If participant has any medical condition or develops any medical condition during the membership duration, Stryx Sports Client Relations team should be notiﬁed immediately.
19. The competitions that Stryx Sports may conduct are operated at the discretion of Stryx Sports and in all matters (including disputes), the decision of Stryx Sports judge(s) and ofﬁcial(s) shall be ﬁnal, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
20. Any prizes offered are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Stryx Sports reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
21. Stryx Sports cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by anyone entering any competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
22. Once ﬁlled and signed, these Terms & Conditions will be considered valid for the whole membership length at Stryx Sports and will automatically be extended towards successive membership renewal and/or subscription for subsequent season(s) or programme(s).
23. Stryx Sports reserves the right to change the present terms and conditions and parents shall be notiﬁed by email of any such changes, which shall be deemed to be accepted by the parents within 48 hours of email notiﬁcation.
24. It is the responsibility of the participant or his/her parent or guardian to keep Stryx Sports informed at all times of any changes such as but not limited to contact details, pick up information, medical information etc.
Payments, Refunds & Terms & Conditions:
- The relevant fees must accompany all applications.
- Applications by phone or by e-mail are not conﬁrmed until payment is received by Stryx Sports.
- Admission fee is a separate annual fee and cannot be deducted from the membership fee (wherever admission fee is applicable).
- *The annual admission fees are not refundable under any circumstances. In the event of any cancellations, the membership fees can only be transferred to another person or credited towards the preceding season or next programme.
- Effective 1st January 2018, all Stryx Sports related services/goods are subject to 5% VAT.
- Payment in full MUST be received prior to the attendance of any class/activity.
- Payment can be done at Stryx Sports ofﬁce, at the training facilities or during sign-ups by Cash, Cheque made payable to STRYXSPORTS FZ LLC, Credit Card or via Online payment.
- Stryx Sports reserves the right to charge 50 AED service charges if a cheque is not covered or if ﬁlled out incorrectly.
- *Two-installment plan is available for the longest available membership packages within Stryx Sports Academies, NBA Basketball School and Barça Academy Dubai. Payment in two installments will not be accepted without a post-dated cheque.
- *Initial choice of membership is ﬁnal and no difference of fees towards longer membership options will be accepted at a later point throughout the season/pro- gramme unless upon notifying Stryx within a maximum of 2 weeks after the payment date.
- I understand and agree that Stryx Sports do not offer refunds except in exceptional and medical circumstances in which a valid doctor’s certificate must be provided. I understand and agree that in the event of a refund being awarded the fee will be refunded on a pro-rata basis on the remaining number of sessions.
- Stryx Sports reserves the right to deduct 5% processing and administration fee from the total refund amount.
- A decision on a refund shall be taken within 15 days from receipt of application by STRYX MANAGEMENT and the refund may take up to 20 days to process and issue from the date the refund is agreed upon.
- I understand and agree that Stryx Sports doesn’t offer refunds for cancelled sessions for reasons beyond of its control including – but not limited to – emergency maintenance in facilities, cancellation of facilities for school event, pandemic, force majeure, however, Stryx Sports will try to do its best to offer credit sessions when the circumstances allow.
- In case the participant could not attend the class/activity due to injury or for any other medical reasons, the missing sessions will be compensated in a form of credit towards the next programme, make-up session upon recovery or refunded by cheque (no cash refunds will be made) strictly upon submission of a medical report. If make up session is not attended, no further credit option or refund will be made available.
- *Stryx Sports reserves the right to cancel the membership if membership renewal payment is more than 2 weeks overdue and if no response is received from parent(s)/guardian(s) to email reminders sent by Stryx Sports staff regarding membership expiry.
- Holiday periods such as Christmas and Easter are not excluded from any type of membership packages. Stryx Sports calendar is shared with members prior to enrolment and all holidays are communicated to parents in advance. Any holidays including but not limited to National Holidays declared by UAE Government will not be considered for refunds/compensations.
- * Classes package must be used within 3 months from the date of purchase (Applicable for Tennis Academy)
- After School Activities expire at the end of each term and a new payment will take place for the next term. Children are not automatically re-enrolled to the next term. The classes are on a ﬁrst come ﬁrst served basis.
- Should any member represent Barça Academy, NBA Basketball School and/or Stryx Sports in external competitions run by third parties, the registration fees to participate in such events are not incorporated into the annual membership fees and/or registration fees and are payable by the member in addition to those fees.
* If registered wherever membership packages apply.